Saturday, March 26, 2011

5 for $5.00 Birthday Card Workshop

For the 5 for $5, we made birthday cards using the Fanfare paper packet. I used the Piece of Cake stamp set to stamp the cake in different colors and then cut out the different layers and glued them on the card.


I love the present card. I can't take credit for the design though...I saw this cute card on Vicki Zizniuk's blog. It is so simple to make though and the words "Happy Birthday" came from the Card Chatter-Birthday stamp set.
I made this card using the Cupcake Sprinkles stamp set. The red stars on the frosting have liquid glass on them to help them stand out. I love that stamp set. It is so cute for kid's birthday cards!

The last two cards both used the Piece of Cake stamp set. I used a water brush to color in the cupcakes and the cake. The water brush uses water and ink pads to give a neat "water color" look. It is also a lot cheaper than buying markers in every color! I hope that you enjoy the cards and maybe you can make it to the April 5 for $5. We will be making thank you cards using the Wings paper packet!

No comments:

Social Media